Re: [Mldonkey-users] 2.02-28 doesn't search for new sources enough

From: Goswin Brederlow
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] 2.02-28 doesn't search for new sources enough
Date: 08 Mar 2003 17:23:34 +0100

Martin <address@hidden> writes:

> Goswin Brederlow wrote...
> > Older versions opened up something like 800 connects within minutes
> > probing for the files. The current cvs on the other hand started with
> > ~150 connects and hasn't gone over 300 connects in the last 12
> > hours. I also see an average udp rate of 4.23 Byte/s during the last 6
> > hours. But a lot of files are still only known by their md4sum.
>
> The default for max_opened connections has changed...so did the
> default for max_connected servers

I know, changed it to 900 connecions. Thats not the problem.

I paused all recovered files and restarted the core. After the restart
I see a peak in udp traffic and then the udp traffic goes down again
to near nothing or nothing.

With 40 files without sources I would expect mldonkey to continiously
go through all 300 servers it knows and keep asking them about those
files. Even with 1 query every 20 minutes per server thats a query
every 4 seconds and should result at at least 25 B/s udp upload
traffic. None of that I see.

MfG
        Goswin