[Mldonkey-users] Number of threads created in commonHasher ?

From: Bernd Knochenhauer
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Number of threads created in commonHasher ?
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 12:18:19 +0100

Hello,

are you limiting the number of threads created when hashing a file or parts of
a file ? I'm not an ocaml expert, but I couldn't find any code that puts a
constraint upon the creation of threads which lead to alot
of disc acvitivy and an unresponsive system when mld started to re-hash
everything (2.02-29, but i guess -28, too). Suggestion: put a limit on the
maximum number of threads creatable or, even better, create a worker-thread
pool of a fixed number of threads and let them do the work on the hashing Fifo.

kind regards,
B.