[Mldonkey-users] 2.04rc1-2 - better_default_parameters

From: Michael Panteleit
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] 2.04rc1-2 - better_default_parameters
Date: 13 Mar 2003 11:16:26 +0100

I'm just looking at a newly created downloads.ini and find the
following:

dynamic_slots = false
new_upload_system = true

Are these still experimental, work really fine for me.

save_file_history = true
use_file_history = true

As these options use quite a lot of memory a lot of people get
problems running mldonkey on their routers. I would vote for a default
value of false.

(* The delay between two saves of the 'downloads.ini' file (default is 4
minutes) *)
 save_options_delay = 900.000000

Text should say "15 minutes"

(* Sources that have not been connected for this number of days are removed *)
 max_source_age = 3

Wasn't it changed to half-days? And is it used in actual CVS version (can't
find it)?

 max_reask_delay = 3600

Many users are bothered that they could fall out of eMule queues as
you have to ask at least every 30 minutes. Is this true?

redirector = "128.93.52.5:3999"

What is this for? User logging?

 allowed_commands = [
  (df, df);
  (ls, "ls incoming");]

Should a "df" on telnet give any ouput? Then it doesn't work for me.

Meikel