[Mldonkey-users] HDD use

From: Ficlu
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] HDD use
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 13:53:17 +0100

Hi,

I am wondering about the use of the disk by the mldonkey client. A friend of
mine (a pc sailer) said me that a lot of p2p users crashe their disk because
the client makes too many access to the disk. After 6 months of 24h/day of
utilization, a kazaa client could destroy the disk (it happened for a
significant number of persons and that's the reason I am wondering about the
mldonkey client case). Is there any policy in the mldonkey client when
writing on the disk ? I know that linux can be configured to synchronize the
buffer cache with the disk less often but I think that's also the problem of
the software to have a normal use of the disk. Am I wrong ?

Ficlu