Re: [Mldonkey-users] Traffic shaping

From: Goswin Brederlow
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Traffic shaping
Date: 14 Mar 2003 11:53:32 +0100

mdew <address@hidden> writes:

> On Fri, 2003-03-07 at 05:34, Juan wrote:
>
> regarding traffic shaping, i would like to limit uploading (our ISP is
> rather picky on traffic) what port information do i need to limit
> uploads (without affecting downloads obviously)

You can't. Only mldonkey knows whats upload and whats download.

Only thing you could do is limit the number of packets per second
being send depending on size or per connection (if you scan for new
ones frequently). But that would also hurt downloads that you upload
to at the same time. (well, frell those 5 connects :)

MfG
        Goswin