Re: [Mldonkey-users] Traffic shaping

From: Goswin Brederlow
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Traffic shaping
Date: 06 Mar 2003 18:51:09 +0100

Juan <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi! I'm trying to enhace the wondershaper script to restric the traffic
> generated by mldonkey. I have created a mldonkey user with UID 1003 and I
> want to mark every packet with iptables:
>
> address@hidden:~# iptables -A OUTPUT -t mangle -m owner --uid-owner 1003 -j
> MARK
> --set-mark 1
> iptables: Invalid argument

This line works, try it:
iptables -t mangle -A OUTPUT -m owner --uid-owner mldonkey -p tcp --dport 4001
-j MARK --set-mark 101

The marking doesn't realy help you though. You will want to use
connmark to mark this and all further packets of a connections
(including incoming). But that needs patching the kernel.

MfG
        Goswin