[Mldonkey-users] DC suggestions...yes, more of them.

From: LordVyper
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] DC suggestions...yes, more of them.
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 20:31:57 -0000

Hello all

        (I just hope the devs are reading this dc stuff)

        Ok, here go some other things that crossed my head and would be
neat to have in a dc client (and some already exist):

        -Folder download (ie, recursive downloading)
        -Auto search for other sources (maybe even other sources in
other networks? One source per file, depending on file size).
        Based on size and filename, and if an exact match is found for
size, a "look-alike" name (I know, this is very hard to implement, so
this goes to the bottom of the list :) ).

        Are you aware that usable dc clients for linux are very rare?
There is dctc, but it requires X (or ldcc for text mode but it is VERY
buggy), and not everyone has X installed. I tried to find a way to run a
dc client on my linux box this weekend, and I could not get dctc to work
the way it should with ldcc, not sure what went wrong, but there were no
alternatives. If you search for "direct connect linux client" in google,
you'll get dctc and mldonkey :). If mldonkey makes it work 100%, it will
have way more users.

        Thank you all for your time.
        Joao Correia

PS-If this post doesn't make much sense it's because im a bit drunk.