Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Mldonkey-users Digest, Vol 5, Issue 4

From: Christian Brandt
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Mldonkey-users Digest, Vol 5, Issue 4
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 20:00:16 +0200

Am Freitag 04 April 2003 18:06 schrieben Sie:

> P2P through email has to be one of the worst ideas
> I've heard in a long time.  I can't wait to see what
> you do with all the spam chunks your receive, fake
> addresses, and what you do with mailboxes limited
> to 5 megs in size. Never mind the sysadmins that
> cut off your email since it is already a strained
> resource. (plus the other million problems any sane
> person can easily forsee :))

 All these problems are solved by using special receiving-accounts (like
address@hidden), key-signatures (if it has no PGP-Key from a thrusted
contact it is considered spam) and running a local mailserver (that way
there is nearly no SMTP/POP3-limit) directly addresses through DynDNS.

 You may try address@hidden which is my personal athome-address,
bypassing most SMTP-limitations of providers and my /var/spool/mail has
several GB left...

--
Christian Brandt

 life is short and in most cases it ends with death
 but my tombstone will carry the hiscore