Re: [Mldonkey-users] Torrent links from Windows IE?

From: Mike Jones
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Torrent links from Windows IE?
Date: Mon, 05 May 2003 00:09:40 +0000

Yes, this is the problem that I can't get around.

from .nsi -> Section "Send BitTorrent links to MLdonkey" Sec7

I just tried it and encountered the same problems I did when I tried to
manually associate torrent links.

Clicking a *torrent link in IE opens the "Open or Save file" dialog. If
I open it, the file is downloaded to my IE cache, and that file is then
sent to mldonkey:

http://192.168.0.1:4080/submit?q=dllink+C:\DOCUME~1\Name\LOCALS~1
\TEMPOR~1\Content.IE5\4HO183SN\AUDIOS~1.TOR

which isn't very helpful.

The ed2k protocol association is different. It is a "URL Protocol"
association and works (but opens a new window for each link).  I haven't
tried magnet, but I assume it is the same as ed2k and will work.
*.torrent remains a problem with the .nsi registry settings.