[Mldonkey-users] Anonymity vs. Trust

From: Christian Brandt
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Anonymity vs. Trust
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 02:00:08 +0200

Am Mittwoch 28 Mai 2003 00:54 schrieben Sie:

> Now tell, who was the client, who injected a file.

 Thats easy, the judge will say "I don't care who send whatever, you
offered your system for distribution of illegal data."

 Its like not using, buying or selling dope but receiving a rent for a
hideout which you advertised like "here police can't track you".

 Real anonymous P2P isn't reasonable. Encrypting data has nothing to do
with transmitting it undetectable or participating in a P2P without
detection. So this network just needs to be made illegal to sue its users
which are public anyway.

 A Web of Trust  would be quite easy and much more secure. Like "Mike is my
friend and may share with me." "Mikes Friends may also swap with me." "Toni
is my Friend but his Friend may not swap with me but his friends may
contact me." or even more abstract "Level3-Trusts may share, Level4-Trust
may search, Level5-Trusts may contact me" - combine it with some
authentication, encryption and stealth-technologie and you are
safe. Laws can't hurt this system with full power as it is only semipublic.
An Intruder would need to knockout Mike or steal his computer to get
anything at all and even then he wouldn't crack the whole Network but only
everybody who trusts Mike. Guess what happens when Mike calls his friends
"My Computer was stolen" or if his deathannouncment is read in the
newspaper - he gets removed from Trust and the intrusion is worthless.

--
Christian Brandt

 life is short and in most cases it ends with death
 but my tombstone will carry the hiscore