[Mldonkey-users] duplicate chunks not written

From: Udi Meiri
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] duplicate chunks not written
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 14:51:13 +0300

I've seen this bug several times already:
When mldonkey notices that a currently downloading file's missing chunks
are already available in another shared (not currently downloading)
file, it (rightly) concludes that the file can be finished. The problem
is that it writes the file to the incoming directory without filling in the
missing chunks!

This happens with files with identical hashes (dl. from 2 networks) and
similar files (identical on some of the chunks).

I tried to reconstruct the error. The file has 17 chunks (158965760
bytes). I moved it out of incoming, and started to redownload it. Then I moved
it back to incoming and did a "reshare" and "dup". mldonkey started to copy
the chunks, and it wrote to the log "Should copy chunk #" for 0..14,
"really_write 0 BYTES !!!!!!!!!" for chunks 15 & 16.
Also, it stopped getting new sources for the file (zero sources now).

Whenever I do a "dup", I get this in the log:
Should copy chunk 15 [145920000:9728000] from <FINISHED FILE> to
<CURRENTLY DOWNLOADING> really_write 0 BYTES !!!!!!!!!

Maybe this is another bug.
--
Udi