Re: [Mldonkey-users] problem with old temp files...

From: Martin
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] problem with old temp files...
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 20:09:42 +0100

kami petersen wrote...
> Martin wrote the following on 12/07/2003 03:14 PM :
> >>and deletes the file but if a source is still sending data your os
> >>will make the file reappear...
> in all respect, i don't believe you. could you elaborate?

this it all from my experience with mldonkey...
for example: i had a big file but dont saw any full source since
weeks so i canceled it. 2 days later someone told me hes now sharing that
file again so i restarted the download and within 2 minutes the file
was downloaded 95%... so it seems that mldonkey did not close the file
properly - the os (lfs here) did unlink but not drop that file. as i
restarted the download the os must have linked the file back in and
mldonkey rehashed. im not sure if mldonkey or the os made the file
reappear....but someone did and it was not me! (and afaik mldonkey is
not able to do such as thing)

the same happens to me quite often if i cancel a file with active
sources transferring. they tend to reappear. only the steps i
mentioned before keep this from happening....