Re: [Mldonkey-users] how to reduce memory usage by mlnet and mlgui (2.5-

From: Martin
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] how to reduce memory usage by mlnet and mlgui (2.5-4+2 from cvs[17 Dec 2003])
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 13:57:00 +0100

Murphy wrote...
> I am using the cvs of mlnet and mlgui (version
> 2.5-4+2). The memory usage by mlnet and mlgui
> increases to  80 MB each after running about 24 hours.
> I have about 60 files in the download list. Is there
> any way to reduce the memory usage by mlnet and mlgui?
> Is any body else experiencing the same problem?

its commonly known - yes.
you can try to reduce max_concurrent_downloads (15-20 is quite common)
and to lower max_sources_per_file (defaults to 500...try with 200)
lower min_left_sources (default 100 - try 50)
this is for mlnet only! the gui is a completely different case....i
dont know about that....

> With such high memory usage, the system becomes
> unusable.

upgrade your hardware....mldonkey is the new killer-app! :)

BTW: 80mb is not *that* bad....i heard someone with a 250mb mlnet....