Re: [Mldonkey-users] generalized GUI protocol

From: Lance
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] generalized GUI protocol
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 10:17:11 -0500

I'm certain that's a large part of why it's taking me longer than I'd like to put something together... :)

From experience, I've learned that bridge protocols that require payload lengths and binary opcodes rarely work properly - especially when compared to simple text based protocols w/ delimiters.

I'll dig through the code and see what I can figure out.... who knows, maybe if I figure it out, I can document the interface?..

Right now, I'm using port 4000 (the telnet port) as a back door - a little clumsy, and I have no idea what will happen if somebody in Japan decides to try out my GUI, but it's working here so far... :)

One thing I would *love* to be able to get is the hash value for a file *after* it's downloaded... is there an easy way to do this?

Thanks,

ps I actually have a giFT GUI running - nearly scared me to death when it started giving messages from MLDonkey! But though the giFT interface is nice, I prefer MLDonkey as the back end

http://www.neuropop.com/
http://www.cdbaby.com/lancepop