Re: [Mldonkey-users] Now that Filenexus, Sharereactorand Jigle are gone

From: Curtis Magyar
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Now that Filenexus, Sharereactorand Jigle are gone
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 19:31:18 -0600

On Sat, 2004-03-20 at 12:39 -0500, Esperanza Glass wrote:
> The idea of freenet is interesting. I have tried freenet few years ago
> and lot might have changed after that. My concern is the overhead that
> it causes. Would it be possible to incorporate easy to use freenet and
> freenet interface to existing mldonkey. How much it would increase the
> traffic? Many people (me included) have very limited bandwidth...
>
> hopey

I agree, flaming should be left on IRC where its expected.

How does this freenet page compare for speed?

https://freenet.thing.net/address@hidden/FreeReactor/24//

Just as an example of course.  It's a terrible page, and the ed2k links
are plain text in a teeny tiny font so you have to copy/paste them.

But I think in general we could make it work with little to no coding at
all.  However, adding freenet to mldonkey, and thereby increasing the
number of freestore sites would help the network as a whole though.  I'm
a pretty proficient C coder, but what I've looked at in OCaml, only left
me confused and frustrated.

--
Curtis