Re: [Mldonkey-users] memory leak in 2.5.18

From: Curtis Magyar
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] memory leak in 2.5.18
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 02:50:13 -0500

On Fri, 2004-04-23 at 09:03 +0200, b8_bavard wrote:

> >  The memory leak in 2.5.18 (and maybe the low number of sources) comes
> >  from the fact that udp packets are never sent (because of a bug
> >  introduced when the bandwidth management was changed in 2.5.17), and
> >  are thus kept forever queued. I need to understand how to fix it
> >  cleanly now, but at least, some of you might be able to do a quick
> >  fix immediatly. At least, this bug will be solved in 2.5.19.
>
> By the way, this also explains why Overnet doesn't probably work on 2.5.18.
>
> - Fabrice

I briefly tested 2.5.18 from spiralvoice, and I thought it might be
worthwhile to mention to anyone else that is tempted, that upon
downgrading back to 2.5.16, all my current downloads were reset back to
0k downloaded.  My temp dir still contains 5.5GB's, but the list shows
0% for everything.  Tried going back to 2.5.18, and even doing
recover_temp.

Oh well, easy come easy go as they say.  :(