Re: [Mldonkey-users] Safari and html_mods

From: MaRiUs
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Safari and html_mods
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 00:36:28 +0200

On 25.04.2004, 03:46 Curtis Magyar wrote:

That's okay.  I didn't mean to criticize you, I'm just wondering what
the problem really is.  Just to warn you, when I upgraded to 2.5.18, it
preformed very badly.  Then when I went back to 2.5.16l, I lost all of
my temporary files.  :(  I suggest waiting for 2.5.19, which b8_bavard
says will be a more stable release.

I am not going to upgrade to 2.5.18. I read about its bad performance. thx

Have you tried another browser like Firefox? I don't have a Mac myself,
I only got to play with one that my old roommate had, before Safari was
around.

Thats what I use in Linux, and it works well. I see they have a version
for OS X as well.  It might be worth trying.

When I was playing around with the mentioned browsers I accidently discovered, that the problem with the not working "html_mods = true" interface only appears when I connect to a demon running on another computer. If i connect to 127.0.0.1:4080 everything works fine, even with Safari. The old interace also works on distant mldonkeys. Strange.

Marius