Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: How to create ed2k links?

From: mldonkey
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: How to create ed2k links?
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 21:43:06 +0200

Pierre Etchemaite wrote:
BTW,
[...]
It could even
have a different behavior when called using another name (thru symlinks)

Please dont't do this. This is absolutely non-standard and will produce very hard to find errors. It could have a totally different behavior on Christmas or, even better, on April 1st as well ;-)

* the ocaml program output isn't very well suited for reuse. Partial hashes
for example, are annoying when output is to be used within a script, etc.
Either they should be only available as an option (with -v or--verbose),

Good idea...

> or sent to STDERR while only final result(s) are sent to STDOUT...

Is this a standard procedure? (To send "normal" program outputs to STDERR?) I was under the impression that only errors go to STDERR, but I'm not sure if other programs do this, that's why I'm asking.

Bye,
phoenix