Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: How to create ed2k links?

From: mldonkey
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: How to create ed2k links?
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 14:27:52 +0200

mldonkey user wrote:
Whats non-standard about it?  Call it p2p_hash, and check to see if
argv[0] is exactly bt_hash or ed2k_hash, and apply a different default
behaviour.  Otherwise nothing changes.  Lots of programs do this.

Yes a lot of programs do that, such as gzip.  gunzip is sometimes simply
a symbolic link to gzip, when called as "gunzip", gzip -d runs.  It
seems on my Debian unstable installation it's a hard link

$ ls -li /bin/{gzip,gunzip}
1233293 -rwxr-xr-x    4 root     root        53676 May 23 03:12 /bin/gunzip
1233293 -rwxr-xr-x    4 root     root        53676 May 23 03:12 /bin/gzip

It appears that this is standard procedure to me. =)

Ok, sorry for my mistake. Seem to have got it wrong. =)

bye
phoenix