[Mldonkey-users] help restarting the core

From: Sebastian Luque
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] help restarting the core
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 10:28:55 -0500

Hi,

I had to reinstall almost all kde packages last weekend, and that meant
removing many other packages as well, including kmldonkey, my GUI. I
didn't stop the mldonkey core before going ahead with the removal,
thinking that removing the GUI package wouldn't touch the running core. I
was wrong...  the core had been killed and I cannot restart it now in a
way that it picks up the downloads it was carrying out. I guess this
should be possible, as my ~/.mldonkey folder seems to be intact, including
the partly downloaded files. The message I'm getting, when doing 'mlnet'
is:

,-----[ *shell* (lines: 2 - 46) ]
| No /home/sluque/.mldonkey/installer.ini found
| Resolving [Arctocephalus] ...done
| Using threads
| Network Global Shares registered
| Network Gnutella registered
| Network G2 registered
| Network FileTP registered
| Network BitTorrent registered
| Network Donkey registered
| No ./results.ini found
| Network.save_complex_options not implemented by BitTorrent
| Options correctly saved on localtime:  6/ 4, 10:24:50
| Network.load_complex_options not implemented by BitTorrent
| Network.load_complex_options not implemented by FileTP
| Network Donkey enabled
| Network BitTorrent enabled
| Network FileTP enabled
| Network G2 disabled
| Network Gnutella disabled
| [DKKO] create_search
| [DKKO] create_search done
| Looks like you have no servers in your servers.ini
| You should either use the one provided with mldonkey
| or import one from the WEB
| op_network_recover_temp ++++++++++++++++++++++++++
| enable
| enabling...
| XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
| Network.recover_temp not implemented by BitTorrent
| Network.recover_temp not implemented by FileTP
| Connection refused : connect
| chat_app_host=localhost chat_app_port=5036
| SHARING ./incoming PRIO 0
| SHARING shared PRIO 0
| Welcome to MLdonkey client
| Check http://www.mldonkey.net/ for updates
| To command: telnet 127.0.0.1 4000
| Or with browser: http://127.0.0.1:4080
| Welcome to MLdonkey
| Network.save_complex_options not implemented by BitTorrent
| Options correctly saved on localtime:  6/ 4, 10:24:51
| Core started on localtime:  6/ 4, 10:24:51
| Disabling output to console, to enable: stdout true
`-----

I had learned from somebody in this list that when the core is not
properly killed, there may be *.tmp files left behind that need to be
removed in order to restart the core after such a problem. This time these
files aren't there, so I don't know what should be done.

Thanks in advance for any help on this,
--
Sebastian P. Luque