[Mldonkey-users] Re: help restarting the core

From: Sebastian Luque
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Re: help restarting the core
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 13:58:45 -0500

Thank you,

spiralvoice <address@hidden> wrote:

[...]

> Hi,
>
> I assume you started mlnet in a shell window provided by your favourite
> window manager and the above lines are the last ones displayed in that
> window and nothing more happens, no prompt, no further messages, right?

Yep, that's what I did. Some lines caught my eye in that output, like 'No
./results.ini found' and 'Looks like you have no servers in your
servers.ini...'

> If this is the case then you just successfully started MLDonkey.
>
> You can start accessing the core by telnet or webbrowser as displayed
> some lines above. Please do so and test if all your data is still
> there.

Ok, once the core was started (as above) I started kmldonkey and connected
it to the core. It says it is connected, as it is showing 4 connected
servers under 'connected servers', but it didn't retrieve my previous
downloads, and searches return nothing. I've verified that all the partly
downloaded files are still under ~/.mldonkey/temp. It is also strange that
I cannot start the core with 'mldonkey_server --start' provided by the
mldonkey-server Debian package. I've just issued that command from a shell
this time (after having killed the running core with 'mldonkey_server
--stop') instead of the kde menu, and I'm getting:

,-----[ *shell* ]
| Set uid/gid of the process ( 1000, 1000 )
| Set umask of the process :18
| Chdir to home dir : /home/sluque/.mldonkey
| Some others mldonkey_server are running ( a pidfile exists )
| [1] 2554
| [1]   Done                    mldonkey_server --start
`-----

so I'll check what I can find in the site you mentioned.

Thanks so far,

Seb