mod-guile-devel

Re: [Mod-guile-devel] Autoconf files

From: rm
Subject: Re: [Mod-guile-devel] Autoconf files
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 00:58:43 +0200

On Sat, Jul 27, 2002 at 03:27:46PM -0400, Dale P. Smith wrote:
> [...]
>
> And there you have it.

Got it, thanks. BTW, from what i understand now, mod_guile
handles 'Content' - handlers pretty much like FastCGI or
mod_perl in 'Registry' mode, i.e. reading a file and inter-
preting it every time an URL gets requested (the speedup mainly
comes from the persistent interpreter). What do you think
about an aproach like mod_perl's PerlHandler: have a apache directive

<Location /flob>
 SetHandler guile-handler
 GuileHandler (foo bar)
</Location>

with the following semantics: whenever there's a request for
'/flob' have guile call the method 'handler' from the module
(foo bar). Maybe we need to have an optional second parameter
(like mod_perl does) that specifies the method name for those
cases where one would want to group several handlers int one
module. That way code needs to be loaded only once (the first time
a module is seen. This type of cacheing should happen authomatically
in guile). What do you think?
Oh, i also would suggest adding a 'guile-script-handler'. I have mo-
dified mod_guile.c that way, so one can do the following:

<Location /guile-scripts>
  AddHandler guile-script-handler
</Location>

That way one can configure guile as the (script) content handler
for a whole directory (or subtree of the server) without having to
rely on mime types/file endings. Anything within the Location will
be handed over to guile, no matter how it's named.
I try to provide a patch against the CVS by tomorrow (way to late
over here ;-)

  Ralf