RE: alert.c

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: RE: alert.c
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 01:49:47 +0200

> I figured we were OK. I'm running RATS and tracking down the large
> amount of (mostly harmless) warnings.

Great! I got a mail from Leppo as well (with a long warning list).
He's also running RATS on the monit code. It's excellent if you guys
can clean up obvious security holes, although I think we're not that
bad :-)

To answer your second mail about using strncat in the replace code,
it's not so easy, besides I feel very comfortable with this not being
a potential security issue, since the code operate on it's own created
sub-strings, that is, it does not bluntly strcat parameters without
checking them.

Jan-Henrik