bison shift/reduce conflict

From: Martin Pala
Subject: bison shift/reduce conflict
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2002 21:18:55 +0100

Hi,

i looked on parser conflicts on present cvs version:

bison -y -dt p.y
conflicts:  4 shift/reduce

I'm not very experienced in flex/bison and i'm not able to solve it now (without study of bison princips). Even though these warnings, it works well and as i saw in the documentation, it is possible to hide these warnings for predictable "non-dangerous" conflicts by specifing:

%expect 4

If there is someone, who can repair the cause of conflicts in the parser so that these conflicts will not arise, it will be nice. I'm going to learn more about bison, but i'm still pretty busy so it will take some time until i will be able to repair it myself :(

If there will not be someone who can fix it, we can use 'expect' token to hide it (my tests didn't showed any problem - it seems that bison solved the conflicts automaticly well).

Thanks,
Martin