release 3.1

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: release 3.1
Date: 21 Dec 2002 15:23:44 +0100

I have polished the package here and there and think it's ready for a
3.1 release. Call me cynical but I want to release this as a 3.1
version not as a 3.1 beta version. The reason is that this is exactly
the kind of program you do *not* test for fun and profit, you just
want it to work. In other words releasing it as a beta will only
result in that very few will download and test it. (When we previously
released a 3.0 beta and announced it on our own mailing list where you
would assume people was interested in monit not one downloaded it!)

Instead I have flagged in the change log those feature we regard as
beta (that is ssl). I think this is fair.

Now, if you could run the make_dist script and test the resulting
package on as many plattforms as possible (Linux, Solaris, FreeBSD and
Darwin) it would be great, also quality check files and documentation
in the package.  I have used yesterday and today to do this but have
probably missed stuff. If I get an okay today we can release already
this evening or toworrow or no later than monday so the monit 3.1
release can be put under the Christmas tree.

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland