RE: configuration patch - final version

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: RE: configuration patch - final version
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 21:22:49 +0100

Well this was cool, Martin! I was thinking about doing it first this weekend,
but since you have already fixed it I can just sit back and relax, thanks :-)

So all our remaining tasks are done according to the monit 3.2 release plan,
thanks to Martin and Christian's hacker "tour de force". I propose that we test
the system a few days and release it this Friday, if everything is okay. Agree?

Ps.

I was thinking about Olivier's proposal about writing the state to a
"state-file". I suggest that we simply write the processlist to a binary file
(on reload and for each poll cycle) and upon reload or restart (in case of an
error) we re-read this file into a temporary processlist data-structure -
traverse the old list and for all processes that match the new list use the old
values especially reuse the do_validate flag per process. It's a very simple
but effective strategy and will solve the state problem. What do you think?

Jan-Henrik