Re: Ctrl-C strangeness -> SEGFault

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: Ctrl-C strangeness -> SEGFault
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 02:18:09 +0200

Christian Hopp <address@hidden> writes:

> On Thu, 14 Aug 2003, Jan-Henrik Haukeland wrote:
>
>> Anyway, I have added a collective signal guard block in alert.c and in
>> state.c now, does this help?
>
> Nope!
>
>> Ps. I cannot reproduce this SIGSEGV on my Linux but that does not have
>> to mean anything since your monitrc file may run monit differently.
>
> Try it yourself...
> [monitrc]

Cool, I managed to reproduce the SIGSEGV with your monitrc file (but
not with mine). After beeing able to reproduce it, I found and fixed
the problem; it was related to signals (of course) - as you know, a
signal is process wide and sent to all threads in a process. In this
case the monit httpd thread didn't like to recive the SIGINT signal,
wake up, continue and find that every data structure was gone. The
solution (again) was to block signals in this particularly thread so
it can gracefully shutdown (via the stopped flag).

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland