Re: monit CHANGES.txt gc.c l.l monitor.h p.y util.c...

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: monit CHANGES.txt gc.c l.l monitor.h p.y util.c...
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 10:15:12 +0100

On Dec 20, 2004, at 8:57 AM, Martin Pala wrote:

oops - on the second sigth it may not be practical to replace the port syntax at all - for example the simpliest form:

  if failed port 80 then ...

and url based alternative:

  if failed generic://127.0.0.1:80 then ...

The idea of using urls in connection test and even for file check can be good. As you say, the URL syntax is known and has a nice compact format. I'm not going to do any changes now, but lets put it at the back of our heads.

But maybe it could be possible to consolidate it internally, i.e. both syntaxes may use common structure for protocol, host, port, request, user, etc.

Maybe, the port object has so much in it now. I guess I can take hostname, port, request* (definitely) and put them in the Request.URL object embedded in the Port_T object. However hostname and port do belong conceptually with Port_T. I'll see if I cannot do some consolidations. At least the request stuff can be moved into the new Request_T in Port_T.

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland
mobile +47 97141255