Re: Feature Request (I Think Anyway)

From: Jonathan Houser
Subject: Re: Feature Request (I Think Anyway)
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 11:03:15 -0500

Why don't you make your "start program" clean up, or use the "depends on"
feature of monit?

The OS I'm running on has dependency checking built in to the init script handling. So when I stop the bottom level bearerbox, it stops the others that depend on it (smsbox and wapbox). Were I to do cleanup in the start for wapbox, I'd kill off the processes that were just automagically started by this init script dependency checking.

The 'depends on' I thought about, but all that would do is re-create what the init scripts do already, only from a higher (and less informed) level.

     Thanks for the ideas nonetheless.  :)

Jon