dependencies

From: Rory Toma
Subject: dependencies
Date: 02 Jul 2002 17:43:41 -0700

I'm wondering if we should somehow work groups into the dependency.

Let's say we have the following programs being monitored:

mysql
portmap
apache

Now, portmap and mysql do not depend on each other, but apache depends
on them both. You could have the dependency be:

set depend apache mysql
set depend apache portmap

or you could add portmap and mysql to group prereq and have

set depend apache prereq

I'm trying to figure out good syntax that won't clutter up the monitrc
file or be horrifically difficult to implement.

--
Rory Toma               address@hidden
VP of Run Level 5       http://www.trs80.net