Re: 2.4.3 beta won't compile on sol2.7 (getaddrinfo missing)

From: Christian Hopp
Subject: Re: 2.4.3 beta won't compile on sol2.7 (getaddrinfo missing)
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 10:41:04 +0200 (CEST)

On 2 Jul 2002, Jan-Henrik Haukeland wrote:

Good morning!

> Christian Hopp <address@hidden> writes:

> > 2.4.3 won't work for Solaris 2.7, because getaddrinfo is introduced
> > in Solaris 2.8. )-:
>
> Okay, never mind. There is a new 2.4.3 beta out on:
>
>   http://www.tildeslash.com/monit/beta/

It does not help!!!!  Same effects! But read on...

> I have gone back to use the old IPv4 only code.

IPv6-support itself is absolutely no bad idea... just configure has to make
sure that some systems can't use it.

> I have tested the new version on Solaris 5.8, it compiles and does not
> seems to have the LISTEN problems you have reported. Lets hope this
> version will solve your problems with monit. (If not we have to look
> into fork and descriptor inheritance -- I hope we can avoid this).

I have found something to solve it (good idea with desc. inherit.)...
try: inherit.diff

> Lets us know if it works!

At the first glance it seems to work with the fix.

> Ps. I'm going away from tomorrow at lunch-time for a couple of days

Have fun!

Bye,

C. Hopp

--
Christian Hopp                                email: address@hidden
Institut für Elektrische Informationstechnik             fon: +49-5323-72-2113