[Monotone-devel] Re: Fetching the depot

From: graydon hoare
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Fetching the depot
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 08:23:53 -0500

Magnus Therning wrote:

monotone-0.8 is the binary I pulled off the monotone homepage
(http://www.venge.net/monotone/).

ah, this last part is the salient bit of information; the problem is actually the same one peter simons reported yesterday in the 'fetch problems' thread (the hyphen in packets, which tromey's auto-tester started posting) but the code which detects and *reports* that fault is, itself, wrong in 0.8. so .at() throws :(

tromey: can you perhaps turn off the auto-tester until 0.9 comes out? I have dropped its 2 posted packets from the depot for the time being. I'd prefer to make it such that the published version of monotone works out of the box with my depot.

meanwhile, magnus: you should be able to fetch again (or follow the advice I gave peter if you hit another auto-tester packet using 0.8). more recent versions in the depot have the appropriate fixes anyways. although the depot currently has multiple unmerged heads, check out 16290fd.

-graydon