[Monotone-devel] Re: monotone and http_proxy??

From: Will Robertson
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: monotone and http_proxy??
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 23:58:26 +0000

This doesn't appear to work for the 0.8 tgz on the website... I assume I'd have to get access to the monotone depot to get the working version? Unfortunately my only access to the Web is through my work's squid proxy, which includes access from home...

Is there any way to get the necessary patches or a working diff of the current vs. the web 0.8 tgz in order to get this feature?

Or is there a way to get the depot to send packets to some other client e.g. maybe using 'wget' with the right '?q=' and dumping stdout to a file, then importing that file into the db?
I've seen this post:
http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/monotone-devel/2003-12/msg00007.html

=========
$ wget -O - \
'http://www.off.net/monotone/depot/monotone?q=since&major=0&minor=0' \
| monotone read
==========

but it doesn't seem to work...

On 2003.11.22 20:41, graydon hoare wrote:
Magnus Therning <address@hidden> writes:

> A quick search through the documentation and the mailing list
> turned up nothing on the subject.
>
> Does monotone honour the http_proxy environment setting?

it does now, the version in my working copy and depot. also supports
tunnels, separately, and HTTP chunked encoding (bleah) and there are 2 hooks for you to override the proxy / tunnel stuff if you don't like its default.

(at least, I think it does. it tries. if it fails for you, I'd love to see a protocol trace. HTTP proxying doesn't seem very well thought
out)

you'll probably find if you update from my depot today that the server is under intense load -- nat put some stuff up and got hammered by a lot of users -- so it'll appear to be very slow. sorry 'bout that.

-graydon