Re: [Monotone-devel] Please review: initial Attic patch

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Please review: initial Attic patch
Date: 19 Dec 2003 13:22:35 -0700

>>>>> "Zack" == Zack Weinberg <address@hidden> writes:

Zack> Some repositories (notably, IIRC, NetBSD core) have both foo,v
Zack> and Attic/foo,v - this is a hack way to rename files.

I looked into this today.  Maybe they have a hacked cvs as well... in
my tests, if I have foo,v and Attic/foo,v, and then delete the trunk
of foo, the Attic/foo,v file is simply overwritten by the commit.

I'd like to give an error in this situation for the time being.
That's better than silently doing something incorrect, and it lets
some NetBSD-cvs-savvy person fix it later.

Tom