[Monotone-devel] some i18n progress

From: graydon hoare
Subject: [Monotone-devel] some i18n progress
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 17:34:57 -0500

hi,

I've posted a new branch to my depot, net.venge.monotone.i18n. it's part of the monotone group, so you'll be receiving it now whether you want it or not :)

it contains some preliminary work towards supporting international character sets, message catalogs, international domain names, email addresses, cert names, and file names, etc. currently most of the support is disabled or unfinished, but it builds and tests, and contains a recent set of propagates from the net.venge.monotone branch. you ought to at least be able to use funny character codes (space, colon, etc.) now, using this new branch.

note that there appears to be yet another bug in the line merger's new edit-script merging code, so you might find that merge / propagate commands produce doubled-insertions. I'm going to try to hunt this down now, but it's likely not going to be fixed before I leave tomorrow.

I'll be back in a week, after which I'll probably work on this stuff a bit more, change the db page size, propagate back to net.venge.monotone and make a 0.9 release sometime around new years.

happy holidays, those who have them!

-graydon