[Monotone-devel] Re: Monotone w/out server machine

From: graydon hoare
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Monotone w/out server machine
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 17:41:59 -0400

John Ilves wrote:

I'm sorry to hear that, It sounded like a great feature. Is there now no way to send changes between people without running a Monotone server?

"monotone diff" outputs GNU-style unified patches, with a header describing file layout changes. at the moment, there is no corresponding "monotone consume-diff" or such which parses and applies those file layout changes, though it's not for any good reason. I just haven't written one.

for the patch data itself, of course, "patch" can apply such changes.

-graydon