[Monotone-devel] Re: Comments on monotone

From: Peter Simons
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Comments on monotone
Date: 23 May 2004 21:37:09 +0200

graydon hoare writes:

 > or "monotone cert <id> branch <branchname>"

Maybe "monotone import --branch <branchname> <id>"?

 > monotone propagage <srcbranch> <dstbranch>

I have had no luck with propagate so far. I have never
really been able to merge branches back and forth with it.
When I tried, I always ended up with repositories that were
either completely identical to <srcbranch>, or they were
broken (as in: lots of files missing, conflicts, etc.).

What exactly does propagate do? I thought, it would find the
least common ancestor between the two branches and merge all
changes since then from <srcbranch> into <dstbranch>. Is
that basically right? Or did I misunderstand the concept
completely?

 > well, if the docs aren't clear enough yet that's my fault.

No, it's probably my fault, because I haven't re-read them
in the last 4 months or so. I read them when there still
were depots. :-) I'm planning to do that now any time soon,
though.

Peter