Re: [Monotone-devel] Subdirectory support

From: Adam Logghe
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Subdirectory support
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 13:14:36 -0700

Hmmm,

I think thats a good use case... I hope some other folks have some input
 too because as I mentioned before "take my advice, I'm not using it" ;)

I think the answer changes depending on how much you are editing
upstream and importing upstream changes. Trying to track lots of changes
in your dependencies is going to hurt no matter the tool.

I would probably make use of the "cert" function (section 6.5 in the
manual). You can add arbitrary tags to a branch.

You might tag everything with a common version number or perhaps a
pregenerated common datetime (use something sortable without datelibs)
when you have a specific "complete" commit or everytime (something about
this one bugs me..)

You might also tag it with the hash+branch name of the current head of
your main branch. I think I would lean more towards this, and I would
name the tag something very descriptive for clarity.

Adam