[Monotone-devel] is monotone 0.13 supposed to work on windows xp sp1/ntf

From: Nick Evgeniev
Subject: [Monotone-devel] is monotone 0.13 supposed to work on windows xp sp1/ntfs
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 14:12:21 +0400

Hi,

I just want to know the status of windows port of monotone? Is it proof of
concept?
I mean that I've downloaded and run mingw port of monotone and failed to
perform simple operation (commit changes) with message saying that monotone
has failed to rename temporary file to manifest (as manifest is being locked
or open) -- access denied.

So does anyone has tried to run monotone under windows?

IMHO both monotone & gnuarch are going to fail in arena of distributed
version control systems while the development teams are ignoring IMPORTANCE
of windows client. Because neither I nor other pragmatic developer will use
different source code systems for unix and non/unix development. So
surprisingly svk may win :)

ps: please do email reply (I'm not a subscriber)