Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: monotone-viz, bash completion and a small bug i

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: monotone-viz, bash completion and a small bug in 0.14
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 23:01:36 +0100

Olivier Andrieu <address@hidden> writes:

>  Bruce Stephens [Sun, 08 Aug 2004]:
>  > Olivier Andrieu <address@hidden> writes:
>  > > I'll add something in the configuration file so that the font can
>  > > be specified.
>
> There, I implemented this. And this new version can now display in a
> window the output of monotone diff between a node and one of its
> ancestor.
>
> http://oandrieu.nerim.net/monotone-viz/

Nice.

That makes it a genuinely useful tool, IMHO---it fills in one of the
lacks that I felt with monotone, which is that it's not clear how to
get a feel for what's in the database.  For example, I'm making
changes to cvs_import to make it work better with our particular use
of CVS (we have scripts to make changes to multiple files in one go,
but the logs for each file may be different, so cvs_import (and
cvs2svn, and presumably similar tools) regard them as distinct
changes).

So that's on a local branch, but I want to see what's been added to
the default branch since I branched.

A graphical tool seems easiest for that, although textual tools are
also possible.  For example, in Arch I could say (in a working tree,
probably) "tla missing <default branch>" and it would tell me which
revisions hadn't been added.  I don't see how to do that in monotone.