[Monotone-devel] Re: Branch Naming

From: Peter Simons
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Branch Naming
Date: 11 Jan 2005 19:09:56 +0100

Matthew A Nicholson writes:

 > venge.net/monotone
 > monotone.venge.net/ssh
 > venge.net/monotone/ssh

 > Any comments?

I too think that this scheme is more intuitive than the one
we have at the moment. One may or may not like URIs, but at
least everybody knows them. I think that's worth something.
If nothing else, Monotone should not restrict the way you
can name your branches, so that the user can decide himself
what he thinks is best.

If you'd write a patch for this, I'd very much appreciate
it.

I have asked for this before, I know, but I still think that
being able to rename and to delete branches would be _very_
helpful. It's very cumbersome to fiddle around with SQL
statements every time you've accidently misspelled something
on the command line.

Peter