[Monotone-devel] Errorreport for Monotone

From: Patrik Jansson
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Errorreport for Monotone
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 13:39:00 +0100

Hi!

I've been having troubles setting up a monotone network. First, I created a new database, xxx.db, then I generated keys for this database and exported my public key to a college whom created a new db and exported his public key to me. We "read" the keys in to each other db and then I added all the work from xxx folder into montone and commited it as a branch, called xxx.dev.Then I edited the content of my .monotone.rc to

function get_netsync_read_permitted (collection, identity)
 return true
end

function get_netsync_write_permitted (collection, identity)
 return true
end

function get_netsync_anonymous_read_permitted (collection)
 return false
end

to allow my college access to my monotone db.

Then I started up the server, as seen below, and my college executed a "monotone sync synch patrik xxx"-command, and this is the results. This then failed, as seen below. We have been using java, png, bat, php and bin-files, and comments have occasionaly been in swedish, using none international letters.

<snip>
C:\java\xxx>monotone --db=xxx.db serve patrik xxx
enter passphrase for key ID address@hidden: xxx

monotone: rebuilding merkle trees for collection xxx
monotone: including branch xxx.dev
monotone: [keys: 1] [rcerts: 4]
monotone: beginning service on patrik : 5253
monotone: accepted new client connection from 192.168.205.190:4470
monotone: fd 1904 (peer 192.168.205.190:4470) read failed, disconnecting
monotone: accepted new client connection from 192.168.205.190:4558
monotone: discarding debug log
monotone: fatal: std::runtime_error: db query [SELECT keydata FROM public_keys w
here id = '%q']: sqlite error database schema has changed
monotone: this is almost certainly a bug in monotone.
monotone: please send this error message, the output of 'monotone --full-version
',
monotone: and a description of what you were doing to address@hidden

C:\java\xxx>monotone --version
monotone 0.16 (base revision: ce860bae312c4bb8483d5b3b2a8cd3bebe2323d5)
</snip>

Any ideas on the error? Is this my fault or is there a problem with monotone?

Cheers, Patrik