Re: [Monotone-devel] Errorreport for Monotone

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Errorreport for Monotone
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 21:05:48 -0800

On Fri, Mar 11, 2005 at 01:39:00PM +0100, Patrik Jansson wrote:
> monotone: accepted new client connection from 192.168.205.190:4558
> monotone: discarding debug log
> monotone: fatal: std::runtime_error: db query [SELECT keydata FROM
> public_keys w
> here id = '%q']: sqlite error database schema has changed
[...]
> Any ideas on the error? Is this my fault or is there a problem with
> monotone?

This error means that you ran another instance of monotone against
your database while the server was running.  Monotone needs some
attention in this area, but in the mean time, the workaround is just
to not do that :-).

FWIW, most people set up a central server instead of exchanging
directly; it has some advantages (like not having to worry about
coordinating with the other person whenever you want to sync), and no
real disadvantages that I know of.

PS.: Sorry this message took so long to get through; not being
subscribed to the list meant it got held for moderation, and I was
unexpectedly in the hospital all last week, which kind of stopped
moderation from happening...

Details are all that matters; God dwells there, and you never get to
see Him if you don't struggle to get them right. -- Stephen Jay Gould