Re: [Monotone-devel] Attributes and wierd files

From: Henrik Holmboe
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Attributes and wierd files
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 00:47:38 +0100

Adrian May <address@hidden> writes:
>I'm looking for a hairy chested VCS at the moment. I fought with
>Subversion for a while but although good in every other respect, it
>blew out when confronted with wierd files and even access modes. The
>docs for monotone are also worrying me in the same regard.

To me it sounds like you are looking for incremental backups. :)
Perhaps you can massage some kind of backup-solution to your needs? Im
thinking on-disk-incremental-backups so that you can retrieve the
latest iterations of your files, and then some script wizardry to
stitch it all together.

My .02 euros.

.h

--