[Monotone-devel] 0.17 tagged, venge.net readonly

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: [Monotone-devel] 0.17 tagged, venge.net readonly
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 17:37:10 -0800

If you pull from venge.net now, you'll get the 0.17 tag.

venge.net's netsync server is now readonly, while I rebuild things.
After I've done rebuilding, I'll take down the server and put it back
up again running 0.17 with the rebuilt database.  The netsync
protocol version will change at that point, so you'll need a 0.17-era
client to do a pull.  The release will be put up on the website soon;
if you'd rather use your existing monotone db, then you can also
checkout t:monotone-0.17 to get something that will work.  If you
missed that, 6f3b3b46b933acb2a0ffd59c21ce29125d1556f1 should work as
well to do the initial pull (though it is missing other things, and is
about 30-35% slower at sanity checking revisions than 0.17-final).

I'll email again when the migration is done...

"On arrival in my ward I was immediately served with lunch. `This is
what you ordered yesterday.' I pointed out that I had just arrived,
only to be told: `This is what your bed ordered.'"
  -- Letter to the Editor, The Times, September 2000