[Monotone-devel] Re: collections are gone; netsync version bumped

From: Peter Simons
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: collections are gone; netsync version bumped
Date: 01 Jun 2005 13:07:18 +0200

Timothy Brownawell writes:

 > Collections are now completely gone. The syntax for
 > netsync commands is now "sync regex", rather than "sync
 > /regex/".

Great! That's a feature I've been needing for quite a while;
thanks for implementing that.

 > This makes netsync incompatible with previously

How do I update the net.venge.monotone branch now? The
repository at off.net doesn't want to talk to me. Is there
another server?

 > For discussion: Should the server now not take any
 > regexes on the command line, and just serve the entire
 > database according to what the permissions hooks allow?

I wouldn't mind if this change were implemented. Since we
have strong cryptography to authenticate who is who and who
is allowed to do what, I'd say let's use this mechanism
instead of the command line.

Peter