Re: [Monotone-devel] status --brief

From: Derek Scherger
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] status --brief
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2005 21:55:47 -0600

Nathaniel Smith wrote:
$ monotone status
current branch: net.venge.monotone
base revision: 0eeeb4e965391e033164b755dd9549d8a777c55f
compared to base revision, you have:
  patched ChangeLog
  renamed foo to bar

seems mildy wordy and overly punctuated to me... how about

$ monotone status
branch net.venge.monotone
revision ...
no changes

in the no changes case or

$ monotone status
branch net.venge.monotone
old revision ...
patched ...
renamed ...
new revision ...

with the understanding that old revision plus the listed changes becomes new revision. I'm not sure that listing the new revision is very important though, and then perhaps "base revision" is better than "old revision".

I do generally like the idea (from someone else in this thread) of being able to set default options for various commands a la .cvsrc and _darcs/options (or some such). with this whether the option is --brief or --verbose doesn't much matter.

Cheers,
Derek