[Monotone-devel] Serious Bug in "monotone update" with dropped files but

From: Leif Jakob
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Serious Bug in "monotone update" with dropped files but local changes - Test attached
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 11:53:51 +0200

Hi,

we just run in a serious bug

A developer did run a "monotone update" and it looked like one file
was reverted.

I did examine the case and found that in a diff

monotone diff -r a51514cae30024abfe2718c1dadeeafc53a45203 -r
4d822e5e16f66f054a1cc18b1168d2f2f7b086c1

the file had one entry with "add_file" and "delete_file" what maybe
was caused by multiple propagates on seperate branches. That is not so
much a problem but is wrong anyway (and one file should not have
drop/remove in a single diff).

What I could reproduce ist, that when a file is dropped and that is
updated on a different working copy the delete is applied no matter if
that file is locally changed.

Even worse, if one developer drops the file, commits and adds the old
file again the other developer experiences a revert on his update.

Attached is a self contained shell-script that reproduces (tested only
with bash) the error.

So our developers have to commit before make an update!

Leif