[Monotone-devel] Re: Rosters bug?

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Rosters bug?
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 00:27:07 +0000

Nathaniel Smith <address@hidden> writes:

> On Sun, Nov 20, 2005 at 05:01:09PM +0100, Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker wrote:
>> I decided to try building and testing the rosters branch.  The test
>> came down to this:
> [...]
>> monotone: computing binary delta instructions
>> monotone: computed binary delta instructions
>> *** glibc detected *** free(): invalid pointer: 0x085aac10 ***
>>
>> I do this on Debian [unstable], freshly updated.
>
> I'm on unstable too, not so freshly updated, and I don't see this
> error.  I may just not have glibc's memory checking turned on...

I see the same on net.venge.monotone.  I run "make check" fairly
regularly, and I'm fairly sure I didn't see it a couple of days ago,
so I imagine something very recent in unstable has changed it.  Maybe
the binutils change?

(It may still be a bug in monotone, of course.  I haven't managed to
get a stack trace or anything yet.)

(There's nothing you need to do to switch on that glibc check, IIRC.
It just happens.)

[...]