Re: [Monotone-devel] I wouldn't release 0.24 just now!

From: Christof Petig
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] I wouldn't release 0.24 just now!
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 08:20:58 +0100

Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker schrieb:
> I've just been running the test suite over the night, and there seems
> to be some memory violation error in some (random?) cases.  This is
> with a very updated Debian [unstable], so it might not be monotone's
> fault at all, but I think it's worth investigating before releasing.
> I'm prepared to spend some time tonight doing that.

It's the fault of the g++/libstdc++ transition (c2->c2a)

do
 apt-get source -b boost
and install _your_ boost packages (compiled with the new g++ settings).
The problem also occurs under Ubuntu 06.04 aka "dapper drake" (which is
my development platform).

  Christof

PS: I was able to reproduce cvssync testsuite problems on woody and will
investigate them there, it looks like cvs ignores the -Q (really quiet)
setting. And after fixing the cvs_pull bug which corrupted my database I
do no longer know of showstopper bugs.